Friday, February 25, 2011

Tranquilo esta Bien



All is calm here, I am happy to be staying busy with some projects and especially happy that I can be here for emotional support for a bit longer.

I have been  dwelling a lot on the (to me) paradox that life seems to be.  I sit on the veranda at Brgitte's house, everything is as is was a week ago, the sounds of birds in the distance, kids playing, clouds rolling by. Total tranquility. Without a sound, only a one page note, the tranquility was destroyed and replaced with despair.  I know that peace is alway availble, and it can only be found by being present in the moment.

O.K. I am finding peace and even great joy here, staying in the moment and being with whatever it is that is coming up around me.

The paradox for me is that I also know that there is a deep well of sadness, despair and poverty, not just here in Guatemala but many places in the world. How can someone live on $15 to $30 dollars a month.  I can not fathom it, but billions on Earth do. (Many of those people living happier lives than most folks in the US.  How can I possibley make a difference in this chasm of poverty?

The answer to that takes me back to the beginning, be present in this moment!  Non the less, the paradox persists.

No comments:

Post a Comment