Monday, February 7, 2011

Leaving the Northwest soon, gotta share some family pictures


Jenna and me having our morning coffee

 This is a real potpourri of pictures, ranging from my trip North to Seattle with a few Christmas shots thrown in for fun.

I am leaving this evening for 4 weeks out of the country, and I don't know why I put so much energy into "worrying" about forgetting to bring something I will need. In all my travels, once I am on the way, I know I have everything I need, and I've survived losing things I thought were crucial more than once. (Wallets, plane tickets, I almost lost my wife and one child on the way to Mexico once- we all survived)


 At any rate, so far this Winter has been a grand adventure now I look forward to revisiting and playing with my Guatemala Family. Hopefully I will have something useful to offer besides play,
but when all else fails I am exceptionally good at goofing off.

The boys playing helicopter pilot

 Case in point, can you see the look of pure childish pleasure on our faces?

(That's a helicopter over my son in law's left shoulder)
Little Mt. Shatsa (I think)
 This is actually from my drive down to Berkeley, but Mt. Shasta was just as gorgeous on my way back in February!

 The Tacoma family has a new resident member.
Grandma Cheri (Grammy) has moved to Gig Harbor, and judging by the grin on her face I think the move has sparked some of her childhood creativity.



Egan hurt is leg a few weeks ago playing Superman, but finally he is up and walking/running/jumping again. No surprise there,
I don't think you can keep that guy down.










Personally, I think they both look great in my hat! (But they didn't get to keep it, they have to grow into it first)

Kayla shining her light.

Kayla and Joshua having a quiet moment

Grandpa flying his plane with the Bedients
 All in all, the past six weeks has been primo pilot training time for me. I have flown in winds that I never thought I would be able to fly in. I have flown at truck stops along the way.  Honestly I don't make very good time while traveling by car these days. I am always on the look out for new sites to fly.
In Berkeley my flying spot was a beautiful park on the San Francisco Bay, and I probably did give myself a few new gray hairs flying over the Bay.
Taking an afternoon walk

Kayla bombing down the sidewalk on her Princess Bike

Time to close this and put away my computer. I will be updating this from Guatemala next time. I'm not bringing this computer, so it will be interesting to see what I can do checking in with my iPod and from internet cafes. Don't be expecting much spell checking :)

Adios Amigos

No comments:

Post a Comment