Friday, October 4, 2013

New Adventure--Yea!
Vantage Washington
The Columbia River


I always feel like I am getting close to my old buddy The Pacific when I cross the Columbia but it's ironic that this year I'll be seeing the Atlantic before I get a glimpse of the Pacific.

  October 3rd, only a few hours out from home, but it feels like I'm off on a foreign adventure already. I guess the "foreign" part is that I really don't know where the road leads me this Winter, I may be back in Idaho for Thanksgiving or I may end up in Peru or Ecuador or ????.  It's the question mark that makes it juicy.

I do know that I will be in Maine, Upstate New York and New Jersey for the next few weeks visiting long lost family and experiencing the Autumn colors. I  also know I will be in California for my niece Jessica's wedding in November.   And that I get to see a few Grandkids tomorrow! And Rhianna and Josh too.

Mt. Si
North Bend, Washington
This is another familiar friend in my travels, Mt. Si.  I used to lie here in North Bend, now it is a harbinger of two things, either I am heading out on an adventure, or I am on the last leg of my adventure and heading home. I took the picture for those of you not familiar with the "Seattle Syndrome" An hour ago I was East of the Cascades with clear skys, drop over Snoqualmie Pass and you are welcomed to the Coastal Northwest by clouds and fog.

Thinking Outside of the Box
Holistic Living / Holistic Health
Podcasting Tomorrow's Innovations Today

This year I am delving into something new for me and having big fun. I love communicating, I love staying on the edge and exploring new developments in science and health and building and ..... I  well just about anything new and unusual.  I also have had a passion for radio and in Sandpoint we have a (relatively) new community radio station I have been volunteering at.  I am producing and hosting a weekly discussion show called "Thinking Outside of the Box - Holistic Living / Holistic Health"
My first show airs next Monday Oct 7th on 88.5 KRFY at 9:00 AM here's a link if you want to listen live via Tune-in Radio.  Sandpoint-Community-Radio-88.5 Save this link, if you just want to listen to a nice mix of music during the day and alternative news and programming mornings and evenings. (Pacific Time) Sandpoint-Community-Radio-88.5

Cheri Calvert of Chericalvert.com is helping with design and implimentation a web site that will be hosting this show as a podcast. When we are out of the construction phase,  I will be asking all my friends to subscribe to the podscast and "Share the Love" with all your friends. If you want a sneak peek at where we are at now you can find it here: bountifulproductions.com

Let the fun begin,  I've landed in Tacoma, the kids are home from school, showing off the fun tree house that Josh and Rhianna built with help from Kayla and Egan.





That's it for launching this years Travel Journal. Make sure to leave a comment if you feel like it.
And please if you don't feel like receiving this journal let me know, my feelings won't be hurt, I promise.

Peace

Ken

Had to add one more photo from my adventure to the dog friendly park here in Seattle (At Sandpoint actually - there are more than one "Sandpoints")  Dog friendly -  yes  Dog frenzy- yes  Dog loving folks are always fun to be with!

No comments:

Post a Comment