Thursday, October 17, 2013

Kayaking, Labyrinth walking and generally blissing out in Maine

Mostly pictures today.  l am in New York right now and have a plethora of rich information and pictures to post here on the Casler Homestead, but first a Maine wrap up.
I lament that I only have one life to live. I could easily spend years here on the East Coast, it seems I have just scratched the surface here in regards to the natural beauty, historic significance and family re-connections. I spent the evening with the Dan Casler family here in Little Falls and I have to express how proud I am that the Casler dairy farm has gone organic and (at least this branch of the family) is totally aware and on board with the concept that wholesome organic food equals health and wellness and a road to sustainable agriculture. Kudos!



Kayaking on the Bagaduce River

Chris and Chris's house from the river



My cousin Chris facilitated a great presentation here on an island in Scotland.
Iona is a unique place on the planet, many spiritual pilgrims go there every year.
Uploaded on Sep 30, 2010
Just across from Mull, lies the Isle of Iona, once called Innis nan Dhruidhanean, the Isle of the Druids. There is a crumbling ruin of an old Mary Chapel behind the great Abbey. It is said that on the Isle of Iona, the veil between earth and heaven are so thin that pilgrims here can easily access spiritual dimensions.



Back on Blue Hill Mountian





Had a great "nautical" day putting their boats away for the Winter.
We traversed Eggamogen Reach and took the boats around Naskeag Point to a harbor where they will be drydocked for the Winter.
Made Lake Pend Orielle look like a "pond"

On the small map locate their house by finding Brooksville, it is located on the Bagaduce River, find it above the two "ll"s in Brooksville.  Better yet, Google map here: Bagaduce River, MA.


The Sun is shining outside so I must close this now.
Below a gift from my cousin Chris a fellow Pilgrim.
The Scallop shell is an icon for being on a pilgrimage.
Here's hoping your pilgrimage is a pleasant one.


2 comments:

  1. I'm speechless with the beauty of your photo journaling. You've taken me to Brooksville and now I'll get to have a glimpse of the Casler homestead. Thanks, dear cousin. Journey on! Love, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly breath-taking journey!!! Thank you for allowing us to be a part! What JOY - to be in remembrance of the Isle of Ione in Scotland .. as I had the gift of travelling there in 2000. It brought back amazing cheers in my heart!
    Thank you Ken.!!!

    ReplyDelete